Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, February 19, 2023
In the Doctor's House
 
It's been a very medical week. James started out the week with a visit to Dr. Shash; this was very positive. His EKG came out fine, he didn't need another echocardiogram, and we got his prescriptions refilled. Plus the ride out to Glenlake was pretty painless.

Wednesday James had his usual physiotherapy. Karen says he's doing very well, but she didn't have to say it. He's so much better than he was, especially when he got back from the hospital in October. He was so weak and his hands shook.

Thursday we went to the first of three iron infusions for James because his iron is still too low. I'm not sure what goes on with the infusion clinic; they can always tap James for a blood test when he goes for a blood test, but they took an hour to find a vein to run the infusion through. Then there was another 90 minutes for the infusion itself. I'm spending the time uploading the finished story to Archive of Our Own and Fanfiction.net, and, yes, editing as I go!

Ron and Lin have been splitting Hair Day into two parts to save Sheri's carpal tunnel problems, so Friday James went for his haircut. We are not the only ones with medical hassles: the doctor wants Juanita to have a very scary-sounding infusion.

And on Saturday I gave in and got a vet appointment for Snowy next week. It's another drop-off, which I hate; I want to be with my boy when he sees the doctor. He was brighter on Sunday and even said "Hi, parakeet!" to me, but I noticed that when we were watching Alan Cumming and Miriam Margolies that night that he seemed to have some problem moving. I should go to the emergency vet, but they aren't avian qualified.

Did get some neat books for Valentine's Day: James bought me In Search of Jefferson, and I also got A Book, Too, Can Be a Star in the mail, along with the new "Rivers of London" graphic novel.

Labels: , , , , , , ,