Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, December 22, 2015
More Than the Sky Drips

Well, this is just ducky. Yesterday I was bouncing around from store to store feeling fine. Today was my cooking baking day, and the cookies got done and so did the laundry, but it wasn't pleasant.

It started somewhere in the wee hours of the morning. I was having one of those stupid nagging dreams (again, some data that was incorrect on some computer document) that woke me. I was aware that I was also struggling with post-nasal drip, a steady stream of it clogging my throat, and my right sinus was on fire. I tried turning from one side to the other, propping up my head, salt spray...nothing helped. I woke James at least once and finally retreated into the spare room where I may have gotten two hours of sleep to add to the initial two. I finally got up with my right sinus feeling like someone was driving a sixpenny nail through.

I had a sketchy breakfast, including some oranges, and, after walking the dog, went to Kroger to see if I could find something to head this off at the pass. My throat was already hurting from the post-nasal drip. The pharmacist wasn't much help; she recommended more Claritin! Oh, please. Once the drip starts, my next stop is a cough and then bronchitis. I've had these colds before. I did buy some Sinex, got another gallon of milk and more yogurt, and beat feet home so I could have some juice and some hot chicken broth, and take some ibuprofin.

I started the laundry and about noon started my baking. It went well except for my runny nose; I can't tell you how many times I washed my hands. I cleaned everything up after the cookies finished and sorted out the clothes. Hard drive is backed up finally as well. My throat is getting more sore all the time and my sinuses feel stuffed with beans.

I had James pick me up some Mucinex on the way home. Need to fight fire with fire.

Chicken sausage with apples and mushroom rice for supper, and a couple of M*A*S*H Christmas episodes ("Dear Dad" and "Dear Sis") and A Pops Holiday Party (a Boston Pops compilation special with Arthur Fiedler, John Williams, and Keith Lockhart).

Labels: , , , ,