Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 07, 2013
Busy Day
James was still feeling sick enough this morning to stay home and sleep in, but I am sticking to my routine. The only thing I have changed is that I am making sure I have eight hours sleep every night, and it's so novel waking up on a weekday with energy and not having a screaming headache by the end of the day.

I vacuumed and washed two loads of clothes, and took the dog out about four times, but spent most of the day working on one of my websites. My Lassie website is the most popular of the three (I receive the most e-mail about it) and I want to make some improvements to it by December 17, which is the 75th anniversary of the creation of the Lassie character (the short story of "Lassie Come Home" by Eric Knight was published in the December 17, 1938 issue of the "Saturday Evening Post"). I am slowly improving the episode guide thanks to the broadcasts on Angel2, and I'm crossing fingers that they keep re-running the series. Most of the improvements will be in the graphics. I started the page in 1996, when everyone was running Pentium-whatevers with dial-up connections, so I kept my graphics very small. I'm devising better ones better suited for this age of DSL and cable, and also adding an anniversary page that lists some of Lassie's antecedents, like the groundbreaking British silent film Rescued by Rover (which features a collie) and Albert Payson Terhune's short stories.

The weather was beautiful today! After yesterday evening's storms the sky was washed clean and a bright, clear blue, and it was a wonderful 55°F out this morning, with a brisk breeze. I threw open all the windows and the back door and it's been comfortable in the house all day; the high was only 74! Pity it's going up to (yuck!) 80 by the weekend.

I spent the later evening watching Sleepy Hollow and reading Naughty in Nice, the fifth "Royal Spyness" mystery book.

Labels: , , , , , ,