Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 15, 2010
Headcold 1, Linda 0
Ugh. General feeling of ugh-ness.

Up multiple times during the night since the only way I can breathe is with my mouth ajar. The moment my throat dries out, I'm awake gasping for air. I had a glass of water close to the bed and still had to get up in the middle of the night, to get more water and swig some analgesics. Neither Tylenol or ibuprofin is helping; I've had the same headache all day.

It was warm (high forties) when we went to bed last night, so the predicted snow never showed up. By the time it got cold enough (and the front coming through was obvious, rattling the shades), the clouds had cleared.

I spent the day on the sofa trying to breathe. Dubbed off some leftover Christmas things (Prep and Landing, Most Christmasy Places in America, Holidays in New York), a couple of Colour Confidential episodes, and finally watched Daughter of the Mind, a mild but not bad made-for-television thriller from 1969 about a cybernetic scientist who suddenly begins seeing the ghost of his daughter, killed in a car accident some months before.

To tell you how bad I feel, I completely forgot tonight was the first night of Westminster. Good thing I had the DVR set to change channels automatically. As it has been for the last couple of years, we had to change channels after the first hour because USA refuses to pre-empt wrestling for one week. At least this year CNBC (the alternate station) is in HD. The picture was horrendous last year, not only not HD, but there was interference in the signal.

Anyway, nice bunch of dogs this year, as always, with two new breeds, a Pyrenean Shepherd and the Norwegian Buhund, both herding dogs. The "Pyr Shep" that was in best of group tonight looked almost like some type of terrier, while the Buhund is very Spitz in its looks. There is another new dog tomorrow night, the red-and-white setter, also from Ireland like the Irish setter, but an older breed recently (1920s) revived. Both the rough collie and the Shetland Sheepdog were blue merles. I thought the collie was lovely, but he didn't make the first four.

Labels: , ,