Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 29, 2007
All Points
All you can see outside, it seems, is yellow. There is a coating of pine pollen over everything. The bricks on the front porch and the boards on the deck are yellow. When I look out the dining room windows, over the green leaves and the brown branches, I see a glowing yellow sheen over everything. The air is filled with pollen grit and makes your mouth feel sandy. I am tempted to grab the hose and drench the front porch, but it's no use until the deluge is over.

Yesterday I decided not to brave the grit or the sun. Instead of a 15-minute walk after Rick Steves' daily journey, I did 15 minutes on the exercise bike while watching Mission Organization and then used the rest of my lunch time to rearrange the closet in the spare room. It needed the boxes stored within rearranged so that the stepladder and the wrapping paper containers would fit better. I emptied almost the entire bottom part of the closet to "start fresh."

A couple of the boxes were pretty heavy and I brought the two TV Guide boxes upstairs as well.

I have an old elbow injury I suffered back in the mid-1980s in which the point of my elbow was cracked. Eight years ago, when my office moved from Buckhead to the Koger Center, I had to help pack boxes of contract folders and hurt both my elbow ligaments. Sometimes the left elbow hurts enough to wake me up during the night.

I finished my dinner late and had to hurry to get going. I had indigestion before I'd eaten half of it, but couldn't stop to get anything else: I had to be at the South Cobb Government Center by 7 p.m. Our Homeowner's Association was having its first meeting; the builder was turning over the association to us.

It was a revealing meeting. Out of a neighborhood of 33 homes, only ten families showed up and one sent a proxy. James volunteered to be on the board and is now vice president. We had a nice chat and also discussed some problems, like excessive street parking and the wayward Dalmatians, and then adjourned. On my way home (James joined me from work), the left elbow really began to hurt and continued all night.

The intensity of the pain was a bit frightening, but it wasn't radiating from my chest and shoulder, but from the elbow. I couldn't find a comfortable position for the arm, though, and finally stretched out on the sofa. Some cereal, at least, had helped the worst of the queasiness from supper.

Still hard to get to sleep. The elbow was better this morning but is aching now after a day of typing purchase orders and e-mails.

Today I vacuumed the stairs and folded clothes instead of cleaning a closet during lunch. :-)

Labels: , ,