Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, January 26, 2007
Needed: Sealskin Coat
Wonderful. I couldn't fall asleep last night because every time I breathed the raw spot in my throat was tickled and I would cough.

This morning I have what the doctor always terms "a productive cough." Translation: When I cough I bark like a seal.

But I don't have a fever. I haven't had a fever since I had my hysterectomy.

So when I get up the breath it's time for me to slog to CVS or Walgreens for some Mucinex. I can't have anything prescription until I've been unsuccessfully on OTC for a week. (Frankly, I don't blame Kaiser. I saw a feature on Today yesterday about drug-resistant bacteria that would curl your hair.)

Meanwhile maybe I'll read Thurber's "Seal in the Bedroom" or read/watch The White Seal. [wry g]

(Bother. There goes Hair Day tomorrow. I'm not going to risk spreading this to anyone.)

Labels: