Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 25, 2007
A Frustrating Day
I was already headachy and sinus-clogged, but put in the requisite phone calls and sent and received the requisite e-mails. I had to reboot the system at least once because I pulled up Outlook and half the letters were gone. It was the craziest thing; bits of the screen were just gone. All the other applications looked fine!

This was apparently a sign that something was going wrong because, since the system logs you off after fifteen minutes of activity, I logged off at lunch time. Instead of eating I took three ibuprofin and crawled under a fleece blanket for the duration, then awoke to the nagging of the alarm clock. I tried to log back in.

In fact I tried every five minutes for the next 90 minutes. When I finally did get in, there was an e-mail saying the intranet had been down. No kidding! :-) We usually lose the mail server at the office four to five times a day for several minutes at the time, but this has been the longest crash in a while.

At 4:30, just as I was sending an e-mail attachment to a potential vendor, my internet connection kicked me off. So I remained working until six instead of 5:30 to make up for the interruption.

So I'm feeling rather cheated out of the time I had to work—and the ibuprofin is wearing off with a vengeance. Dammit, I was so happy that I hadn't had a cold since we moved and then Tuesday afternoon this thing moved in. If I end up with an infection, what the heck is Kaiser going to prescribe for me? I've had reactions to the last three medicines they've prescribed for my "lower respiratory infection."

Labels: ,