Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, October 17, 2006
"...When Skies are Grey."
It was overcast yesterday, but with a small breeze. One of those perfect days for me—long-sleeve fleece shirt weather, with jacket on but open. It was cool enough when I got home to do some raking around the trees where I want to put a "nook": a couple of lawn chairs and the different stepping stones, lawn statues, and inspirational stones and wind chimes. I also got out the tree lopper and cut down at least a dozen of the saplings that have grown between the trees, since I want to keep a couple of them, but not all. Didn't get all of them yet because it finally got too grey to see what I was cutting.

This morning's commute was dreadful. The temperature went up during the night since a warm front is coming up from the south. It wasn't even 60°F yesterday and it's supposed to be 82 tomorrow. Ugh! Drove to work in a steady rain, surrounded by smoky blackness except for car lights and street signs. People driving erratically and too fast for conditions, all quite claustrophobic. Definitely miserable and depressing.

To top it off James is home with a cold, possibly a fever, and I've been coughing all morning.

And we can't even blame it on Harry. :-)

Labels: , ,