Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 05, 2006
Photos
Wanted to scan these two before I put them in a frame.

I've been meaning to find a couple of these and put them in frames in the foyer, but it's been hard to go near the photo box. So many memories...

Mom and Dad, 1970s sometime:

Mom and Dad 1970s

Mom kept everything. I found that blouse she is wearing in this photo, darned but still intact, in the closet downstairs with all the rest of her clothes when we cleaned out the house.

This I know definitely is 1976. Since it was the Bicentennial, I said we had to go somewhere historical. So we went to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. For a bit more fun we went to Busch Gardens in Virginia; back then it was known as "The Old Country." This is the German area.

Mom and Dad at Busch Gardens

Labels: ,