Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 23, 2006
"Oh, The Weather Outside is Delightful..."
Sky is a bright, bright blue and it's not even hit 50°F, with a brisk breeze. What a beautiful day to be working in the yard! (So of course it's a work day!) I want to go out to the stand of trees and finish (or at least cut more) of the saplings that grew out there during the summer. There's not really room for most of them, but I am leaving several of the maples.

Incidentally, even though it dipped into the thirties last night, we didn't put on the heat. I had the shades open to the sun all day yesterday with the windows closed. When I got up at six it was still a nice comfortable 64°F by the thermostat. Good insulation! :-) I left the shades up and the windows closed in all the rooms today (well, except our bedroom, which I want cold), and the sun should do its own heating job nicely. I wish we could put solar panels on the roof (not sure if [a] we could afford it and [b] if the covenants allow it).

For some reason, even after two Prilosecs, my stomach was a mess yesterday and I was sick most of the evening and after bedtime. I slept in for a few more hours this morning because when I got up at six I was so exhausted I couldn't focus my eyes and they kept blobbing up. I did get back to sleep, but slept wrong and now my right shoulder is being a pain. I wouldn't mind so much if it also didn't give me a headache and make my right arm hurt. My right shoulder's been a mess since I had the thyroid cancer out; the doctor had to scrape nodules off tendons in my neck and shoulder and it's hurt ever since. Can't do much about it.

Willow's leg seemed better this morning. She is still holding it up if she stands still, but James says she is only favoring it slightly when she walks and she is trotting more or less normally. Pidgie looks as if he's putting weight on his leg again, too. Perhaps he turned it a bit after getting out of his swing yesterday morning.

Labels: , , ,