Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, March 15, 2006
What Part of "No, Thank You" Don't You Understand???
I've just had an aggravating, nearly half-hour conversation with AT&T.

I received a bill for long distance service for the old house. Now, when I called up Bell South, they told me I didn't have to contact AT&T to cancel the service. But here was the bill, so I phoned AT&T. I not only spent over ten minutes on hold, but when I finally did talk to a customer service person, she was constantly trying to sell me AT&T local and long distance service. I told her the first time, politely, no, thank you, and she kept bringing it up! "But you can get cheaper service..." "No thank you, I just want to cancel the account at this number." "Are you sure you don't want to take advantage of our..." Finally I said, very loudly, "NO, THANK YOU! I just want to cancel the account at this number."

She seemed put out. Sheesh.