Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook
 
FOR TODAY, JUNE 17, 2023

Outside my window...
...it's sunny and high 80s and I do not want to go outside. We went to Books-a-Million and BJs yesterday and it was 80s, and it was horrible. If I could stay inside until October I would love it. It's already hard to breathe and I have a rash.

I am thinking...
...that unless James' blood sugar is tanking, I will never ever eat at Burger King again. We stopped between Books-a-Million and BJs to get a hamburger. Whatever they put on their burgers to simulate them being "flame broiled," it came up on me for the rest of the night, even at bedtime after midnight. What a disgusting taste.

I am thankful...
...we are inside today. Yesterday was exhausting, as James' hip and right thigh are still painful from his fall last Saturday. When we went to Urgent Care on Sunday, there was no bruising showing at all, but when I finally put ice and heat on it when we got home, boy did the colors come out. He has several big patches of purple.

In the kitchen...
...dishwasher is finished, James put the plastic containers up, and a steak is defrosting in the sink.

I am wearing...
...turquoise tank top, black shorts, and white ankle socks.

I am creating...
...another story, one I quit working on last fall, in my fanfiction series. This one is a survival story.

I am going...
...nowhere but Urgent Care these days, apparently.

I am wondering...
...[vaguebooking] how we're going to make it through next weekend. James' hip is still in extremis.

I am reading...
...I just finished Ali Hazelwood's Love, Theoretically and am now reading Lost Providence, about some wonderful buildings in the downtown area that were torn down by barbarians urban developers.

I am hoping...
...James is feeling better soon. It is disheartening to see him so sad.

I am looking forward to...
...a new experience. Keeping mum for now.

I am learning...
...sigh...to sleep with one ear open.

Around the house...
...it's cool, and I'm happy. If I sweat, it's painful. The sun burns my skin. James is watching some video online. I'm listening to "Ask the Tech Guys," Leo LaPorte's online successor to his old radio show, which ended after Christmas. (Also listened to Gretchen Rubin's podcast earlier.) I need to make the bed. I'll do that when Leo ends.

I am pondering...
...how I really never expected to be rich, or famous. Don't want to be famous, really. But I was hoping for a happy ending.

A favorite quote for today...
...all of a sudden I don't have one. I went to Facebook. That was a mistake.

One of my favorite things...
...one of James' and my favorite things used to be a show called Flying Wild Alaska on Discovery. It was about pilot Jim Tweto and his wife, a Native Alaskan named Ferno, and their two daughters, Ayla and Ariel...Ariel was mostly on the series. They were all a joy to watch. And it was just on the news that Jim Tweto and a passenger in his plane were killed this morning right after a takeoff. Very sad now.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Clean house. Stay out of the heat. Work on "Survival." Give Tucker a bath (and that won't be fun since our water pressure has gone back to being suckass).

A peek into my day...
Good-bye, Jim.

 
If you'd like to participate, check out The Simple Woman's Daybook

Labels: