Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, April 16, 2023
All Booked Up, and Empty As Well
 
It was a "booky" week. Monday we made our monthly trip to Canton. It was a lovely day, we had a nice stroll through Books-a-Million, and then a delicious lunch at Uncle Maddio's. I tried having some proscuitto on top of my pizza along with the bacon and black olives. Proscuitto tastes pretty good after it's gone through a pizza oven, nice and crunchy! We also went to BJs to buy fruit cups and other necessities.

And finally, finally it was Friday and time for the book sale. I did not realize Ina Caro had another book besides Paris to the Past! Found a book about Native American culture. Found Victoria Thompson's newest book. And another about emergency room nurses. And other interesting things. Also found two books for James, one about the Battle of Britain and another about a series he loves, Ice Pilots. Found out only when I got home that the latter was autographed by two of the cast members.

Did more dubbing this week (so now most of it is finished), made sure our tax payment to the IRS got postmarked at the post office.

And found out about a totally unexpected electronics recycling day on Saturday thanks to Twitter. I managed to get the old printer (which was still in the foyer) on the hand truck and out the door more easily than I figured, then I mounted it on the chair lift and bungie-corded it down. The rest of the stuff we tossed in an expendable box and off we went to Jim Miller Park and got rid of it all.

Uploaded the last of my long fanfic on Sunday. Onward to the next story!

Labels: , , , ,