Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, March 12, 2023
A Death in the Extended Family
 
My friend Pat Brimer died on March 9. She's had cancer for a long time, and a year or more ago had to move into assisted care because she couldn't live alone any longer. She at least found a place where she could keep her beloved cat, Kaylee, who has found a home with another mutual friend, Liz.

We were going to visit her the last time we were on vacation, but I was so stressed about having to ride the T with the power chair that I chickened out, and I'm so sorry for it now when it's too late. But we had been trading cards (me) and letters (her) until her last one in January. ::sigh::

Nothing much else going on. Had to order a new spring flag for outside as the Georgia sun just fades them within three years, and the place sent me the wrong flag. The one I wanted is out of stock, so they are sending me a replacement that I picked out. And I managed to drag the old printer (forty pounds) down the stairs to the foyer and it took the two of to get the new printer (also forty pounds) up the stairs. But we got it set up and working.

Labels: , ,