Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, January 15, 2023
Tedium and Enjoyment
 
Have spent a very desultory week doing chores and "detinseling." The usual stuff got done, the easiest of the Christmas decorations got put away. Oh, and I trimmed the bushes in the front yard while they're dormant to keep them in check. I want the nandina to fill in at the bottom, not look like a bunch of broccoli with skinny stems.

Most of my entertainment is reading about Paris for the piece of fanfiction I'm writing. It's a longer story and I'm scheduled to start posting the first chapter in mid-February. My favorite so far is Vivian Swift's Le Road Trip, which is written in handwriting like a Susan Branch book and illustrated with Swift's watercolors of France. I've also done research on what's at the Armistice site at Compiègne, which is pretty cool.

The big event of the week was the late-date Christmas party at the Lawsons, which was a welcome break. John made a pineapple upside down cake, and we ordered pizzas. As usual, the men chatted and the ladies played games. We had one very funny minute where Jessie was supposed to toss the dice and she absently plopped them into her drink glass instead. By the time we left I had a killer headache from laughing so hard.

He didn't get hurt, but James fell on the way out. He went to put the tip of his cane down and it sank into soft grass instead of the sidewalk of the driveway, so he just relaxed and went down. Luckily a few friends were able to get him vertical and going again.

Labels: , , , ,