Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, December 04, 2022
Decorations Go Up, and Hopefully So Does James' Mobility
 
Alas, my Christmas decorating is perfunctory and stolid this year. Did I not love the lights and want the glow and of course the decorations for Twelfth Night I might just bury my head in my fanfic and stay there. I am working on a Christmas story to help.
 
Decorations that went up this week: foyer and dining room, the gingerbread and candy cane stuff for the kitchen, the woodland tree and the Rudolph tree and the little Scots and Italian things for our bedroom, and finally the village on the mantel—I do so love the 1940s theme and wish I had 40s Christmas music somehow playing for it—and the hall bathroom and the wall divider.
 
This makes it sound gloomy, but several good things happened this week. First we had Hair Day, which was nice, even though I was feeling a bit ill. I had Butch inspected so I could renew my registration, and I also stopped at CVS to see if they had tinsel. I was appalled: the once lovely CVS Christmas aisles had been reduced to one with a few decorations and a bunch of cheap gifts.
 
On Friday it was time for Apple Annie. Mostly what we bought was stuff from the bake sale; James was dying for goodies and we bought all sorts, from oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to something butterscotch for him. It was surprising because there were no sales downstairs at all; St. Ann's has opened a new fellowship hall on the first story and most of the booths that went downstairs were in this huge new hall. I bought only a little ceramic Hanukkah decoration for Mel and Phyllis and a little ceramic ring holder with a fox design. On the way home stopped at Michaels for some Christmas lights, Trader Joe's for our annual Christmas treats like peppermint puffs and Candy Cane Jo-Jos, and finally stopped at Half-Price Books, where I found Rinker Buck's new book at half price, a book about travels in Arctic Europe, and the Llewellyn book about Yule that I wanted to borrow from the library which is no longer at any Cobb library at all.
 
After a long delay from the hospital triple-event, James has finally started physiotherapy. We go once a week to Post Oak Tritt Road off Sandy Plains. His therapist is a perky, bouncy lady named Karen, and we both like her very much. She has him doing lying down exercises to move his hips, standing exercises briefly, side stretches with his legs, and rubber band pulling with his arms.

Labels: , , ,