Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, November 20, 2022
Yet Another Week of Chores, But...
 
Ah, all the weekly stuff, like cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Plus James and I gave the kitchen a good cleaning, I put a new seat cover (a new twin flannel fitted sheet) on the sofa after vacuuming inside the cushions and spraying them with Lysol, changed the bed...lots of cleaning goodness.

We also went to 2nd and Charles, Barnes & Noble's used book outlet, had success at Walmart with yet more yogurt and burritos.

Alas, this was also the week James dropped and therefore dumped an entire gallon of skim milk on the carpet near Snowy's house. I immediately mopped it up with old bath towels and then had to wash the towels. Why did he drop the gallon? Yep, the stupid air hose again. All he was trying to do was help me bring the shopping upstairs.

Thursday night was the stupidest. James couldn't find his phone to charge it. Well, we looked in all the regular places. It was after midnight, so the phones were on silent mode, so calling and calling did no good. James said he missed it...sigh...after I did the trash. So there I was, in the wee hours of the morning, sifting through the garbage bags in case the phone had fallen in. I was so sleepy that I got mad and poked once more around his chair. The phone had fallen deep into the recesses of the recliner, and after 2 a.m. there I was finally throwing the last bags in the trash can to be collected tomorrow.

However, on Thursday we also made the long haul down to Kaiser's Southwood office (near Southlake Mall, after the usual traffic mess in Henry County) to see Dr. Graziano, the very first pulmonologist appointment James could get. The doctor said his lungs sounded good and had James arrange an appointment for a walking test with a respiratory therapist for December. Hopefully he can come off the oxygen.

But still too late for RICC. Sigh.

Labels: , , ,