Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook
 
FOR TODAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2022

Outside my window...
...cloudy. It's going to be warm (70s) and raining for the next three days. And of course on the day we have to be out (Thursday) it's going to be almost 80°F! Ugh. Let's go back to winter again. I don't want to think about spring coming; my allergy is already bad enough with the things (magnolia, violets, etc.) already blooming.

I am thinking...
...I haven't done one of these in ages. Been preoccupied with James and writing.

I am thankful...
...that James' back seems to be getting better. He fell at the doctor's office when he was there to get the stitches taken out of his foot where he had his toe amputated in January (yeah, it's been that long) and he fractured the T-6, T-7, and T-8 bones of his spine. He's finally not taking pain pills at night anymore. If only the blisters on that foot would quit! Still trying to dry them out with betadyne.

In the kitchen...
...I made chicken apple sausage from Trader Joe's today; we had it with some leftover mushroom rice. I cannot wait till James retires and I will not have to cook anymore. I always have to stop in the middle of doing something interesting to muck around in the kitchen.

I am wearing...
...a dark blue Owly t-shirt and plaid blue and white pants.

I am creating...
...been writing again.

I am going...
...with James to the doctor on Thursday. I'm hoping he likes the state of the foot since he still has the blisters.

I am wondering...
...if there will ever be a time where I can resign myself to enjoying summer, because each one is an ordeal. Maybe when I'm very old and cold all the time I can enjoy it, but all I can look forward to these days is the misery of being hot and sick from the heat. My hot flashes were lessening, and then, oddly, after James went into the hospital they started up again, and those only make it worse.

I am reading...
...Stamped from the Beginning, by Ibram X. Kendi. Many things I did already know, many additional things I did not. Interesting how racism goes back to classism and also to economics.

I am hoping...
...this stupid rain will go away so I will get rid of this headache I've had for two days. We have two more miserable days of heat in the 70s—including Thursday when it will be almost 80 and gross—and maybe after that it will go away.

I am looking forward to...
...the Remember WENN cast reunion on line tomorrow. So excited!!! It will be aired on YouTube and features most of the cast and series creator Rupert Holmes as well as Donna Murphy and Betty Buckley.

I am learning...
...more about curing blisters than any human should have to learn.

Around the house...
...I've dawdled on working on this so much that it's now way past 2 p.m. when I started it, and have watched five episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, including "Untethered" which puts me in a fetal position every time they strap Goren down to that table.

I am pondering...
...a way to be rich so I can go live down on the South Island of New Zealand from April to September and then never, ever, ever, ever have to live through another summer again.

A favorite quote for today...

"Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills."
C.S. Lewis

One of my favorite things...
...well, what I was watching today: Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The Goren and Eames episodes, of course.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
The usual crappy grocery shopping. I'm sorry, I hate grocery shopping, especially when it's hot, because we have to go to three different stores to get everything we need and then we have to rush because we need to get the groceries home before the milk spoils and the yogurt thaws and the meat spoils. Then once we get it home we have to drag most of it upstairs unless it's going into the pantry downstairs.

A peek into my day...
Well, how about a photo of Goren and Eames (impeccably played by Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe).


If you'd like to participate, check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.  

Labels: