Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, April 05, 2019
The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, APRIL 5, 2019

Outside my window...
...it's still light outside, per the time schedule, but a muted light since it's been cloudy most of the day. There was a nice spot this afternoon when it was cumulus clouds and [still winter] blue sky, but already much too warm. I can see baby leaves on the trees.

I am thinking...
...that it's been a rather discouraging week. James' right knee feels a little better, but he's still in pain. He's been housebound for a week now. I bought him a decent knee brace which he wears in the daytime, so he's been walking around more, but because he's limping, his right foot hurts as well. It's the gift that keeps on giving, unfortunately. Tonight he is going to try to sleep without a pain pill.

I am thankful...
...James' knee didn't get hurt at Atomicon. Having to spend a second year in the Habersham County emergency room would have been too much.
 
In the kitchen...
...there's a leftover leg of chicken cacciatore. It was part of a container of leftovers that we had for supper. I had a fresh baguette, great to zoop in the leftover sauce.

I am wearing...
...my Great American Eclipse t-shirt with its beautiful logo and blue scrubs pants (and white socks). It's so warm outside I may have to switch to tank top and shorts tomorrow.

I am creating...
...not much of anything this week. The pollen count has been very high and after I've done things for the day I have had a screaming headache. Today I only went to Lidl and to Publix and came home and had to take three ibuprofin and a nap.

I am going...
...to pray for rain.đŸ˜€

I am wondering...
...if I'll ever get the house decluttered to my satisfaction. It seems when I get one problem dealt with another appears. And how am I supposed to work with a blasted headache all the time?

I am reading...
...Joyful by Ingrid Fetill Lee. I've wanted it for ages and Barnes & Noble had it half off a few weeks back. I've just finished the first chapter about how color brightens not only your environment, but your mood. Maybe that's why I felt so bleak those last years at work; everything was beige and grey and the whole office looked tatty.

I am hoping...
...James' knee will feel better soon. He is at least seeing his rheumatologist next Friday; maybe Dr. Salazar will know if it needs more attention or just more time to rest.

I am looking forward to...
WHOlanta, but I am dreading it, too, because it's the last one. I understand—running a convention is hard work, and the con runners are tired, and one of them wants to go back and get a degree. But it's a family reunion I will dearly miss, and that nothing can replace.

I am learning...
...not much. To hate spring more and more? Because the headaches get worse every year.

Around the house...
...after-dinner quiet. James is playing a game. Tucker is back on a chair. And Snowy is talking and chattering. It's Friday night and there's a new episode of The Cool Kids and another of Hawaii Five-0.
 
I am pondering...
...finances. I've spent a lot this week because James hasn't been able to go out, so I did a bunch of shopping. I spent a lot more on groceries than I should have.

A favorite quote for today...
"Joy isn't hard to find at all. In fact, it's all around us." . . .Ingrid Fetill Lee. (But it's hard to see, when you're worried about other things.)

One of my favorite things...
I am really, really loving the bread at Lidl. To the point I have to keep myself from going there every other day and buying some. It's real bread, too; it gets hard quickly. I love what they call "dinner rolls." In Rhode Island we call these "buns," and you bought them at bakeries. Makes me miss the bakeries: Gansett, Rinaldi's, Ann's Bakery, Garzilli's. They're all gone now except for Solitro's. Very sad.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Poor James. Maybe he will feel okay enough to get down the stairs tomorrow and get out of the house. We need to go to the Farmer's Market at some point and get more dog biscuits, and Costco and get more generic Flonase.

A peek into my day...
What I'm reading!





If you'd like to participate, check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Labels: