Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 05, 2019
To Sum It Up...

I haven't done one of these entries since May. Life certainly did take abrupt turns last year.

We're still skirting the medical stuff. James has a doctor's appointment tomorrow with the urologist and then on Friday with the nephrologist. His lab numbers are good, but he is still having some problems. Next week he has to have a skin cancer removed from near his right eye.

The cleaning has continued. I now have a routine: Mondays are for bathrooms and the kitchen floor, Wednesday for laundry. Additional extras may get washed Tuesdays or Thursdays. There are places in the house which have been finally decluttered after so many years: the spare room closet, most of the master bedroom closet, most of the library, the spaces under the bathroom sinks, the hall closet. It's not Marie Kondo, but it's something. :-) Lightbulbs don't attack from closet shelves, stuff in the master closet is labeled, you can see the top of the coffee table (well, most of it), sundry useless items have been shipped to Goodwill if they are still in good shape and have gone away in trash bags if they aren't. I've cut down on some of my decorations and party supplies, gotten rid of old papers, filed the necessary ones properly, added shelves in the library, and disposed of old furniture (sigh...except for the sleeper loveseat, which I can't seem to get rid of). Clothes have been mended, rooms adjusted to make them more useful, boxes disassembled and trashed, and pantries cleaned out.

Work still needs to be done. The shelves of tools in the garage are in disarray. Once it gets warmer I can open up a table and try to make it less of a mess. I need to go out in the yard; I keep wanting to fix it up. Despite TruGreen, it looks awful back there. The leaves need raking if the grass is to grow properly, but it keeps raining so much I don't want to go out in the mud. I'd like to put the little tiles and resin animals I bought back there, too, to make it look a bit more cheerful. It's more like a wasteland now. I just hate yardwork. It's bad enough keeping the bushes out front in order.

And I keep intending to craft and I don't. I wanted to do it before, because it was a lot more interesting than my job. Now I can find so much to accomplish that's more interesting than work it's hard to find time to craft.

But one thing at a time. Doctor tomorrow. Doctor on Friday. Doctor next week. My own appointment at the end of the month.

Labels: ,