Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, March 30, 2019
Those Dusty, Musty, Fusty Days of Spring

Predictably, it was a quiet day today. I helped James get his breakfast and do a few other things, then after breakfast and dog walking I went out to get some shopping done. Went to Lidl for bread, dessert cookies, and the ground turkey that I saw on sale the other day. They had cucumbers and carrots on sale, so I got them there, and also bought milk. Then I crossed the road and hit Publix for the BOGOs and a few other things (low-sodium ham for James, mini Milk Bones for Tucker, etc.).

Incidentally, the "Atlanta Pollen Festival" has arrived with a vengeance. When I took Tucker outside it looked like someone had turned the contrast button on the TV wayyyyy down. It was just all the pine pollen in the way. I'd barely begun the walk before I started coughing. Butch was covered with a thin yellow coating after the Lidl trip. By the time I got home he was white with a yellow glow.

I'd checked the library website yesterday and noticed the Ray library down the road from us had the new Marilla of Green Gables book, so on the way home I stopped there and picked it up. Since I'm incapable of stopping at a library and only withdrawing one book, I also picked up something called The Truth About Animals. Then I came home, put up the groceries, and used one of the buns from Lidl for lunch. James put some leftovers together for a beef soup, and we watched the rest of Galaxy Quest, which James had found running on Sundance. We finished watching that and then I put The Andromeda Strain on, in honor of the authorized-by-the-Crichton-estate sequel novel that's coming out in November.

Alice sent us home with macaroni and cheese and pork roast from last night's party. Neither of us had touched the pork roast. I had mine with barbecue sauce and James did his as teriyaki. It was exquisite, fork tender and moist and delicious.

Finished up the night with "the crazy lady" (Hyacinth Bucket) and the pilot to Are You Being Served, and the local news.

Labels: , , , ,