Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, March 17, 2019
Booked for a Long Weekend

So Saturday wasn't the first day of the spring edition of the Friends of the Library book sale, so naturally it wasn't raining. Sigh. Friday it certainly was raining, perhaps not much when I got there at nine, but at one point I stared out the big cargo doors they have at the back of the civic center and it was pouring pitchforks and little fishes. I went into the bathroom and a young woman solemnly informed me "It's raining real hard out." It was indeed, as evidenced by the mom and three little kids also there: Mom was trying to mop up the smallest kid, in a stroller, with scant handfuls of paper towels. He looked like he'd just rinsed off in the bath. Thankfully when I left it was just raining lightly and I could tuck the two cloth grocery bags stacked under my chin and only one side the bags got wet and that did not affect the books. I came home via Tin Drum and got lunch for both James and I (he had thought he could telework on Friday, but the MOHS surgery did knock him out as the doctor predicted; he had to take pain meds Thursday night, and was chilling out at home as I rooted among the books).

I had planned to take James to his meeting on Saturday, but he said he was feeling better and thought he could do it himself. Okay. He knows his own strength, I figured. I had thought about going to JoAnn when I left the house, but on the way I made a wrong turn. So I ended up at the book sale again. I was wandering around on the lower level when I heard a voice call up from the balcony that I shouldn't buy up all the books before she get down there. It was Clair Kiernan and her husband Daniel. They came down and we chatted for a while as I picked up more books.

Today's Book Tally

And Yesterday's Book Tally

From the civic center I went to Lidl (yes, more bread; since it's real bread, not full of preservatives, it gets hard fast) and then came home. I continued reading Victoria's Daughters, which I bought Friday and started immediately. When James got home we went to dinner at Hibachi Grill and then (yes, I know it's ironic) to Barnes & Noble, and later he spent the evening in the man cave.

It's been obvious today that James overdid himself yesterday; he's been really draggy during our errands, but he only admitted it on the return trip, so we came home after going to Publix and to Sam's Club. (I went out to CVS on my own; we needed ointment for his surgical area and what we had in the house—Neosporin—was not recommended.) He rested for the remainder of the afternoon, kept me company while I sorted the medications for the week, and I washed the towels and watched Caught in Providence. Supper was pork chops cooked in applesauce and buttered potatoes with Litehouse salad sprinkles, and we vegged out watching America's Funniest Home Videos, Perry Mason (we've started to look forward to these), and Dr. K's Exotic Animal Clinic.

Labels: , , , ,