Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 17, 2017
Time Out
It's been...a week. I've been sick all freaking week.  And it feels as if there's a big raw cut at the back of my throat. Instead of sleeping at night I've been waking up every hour during the night to have to sip some water and get it past the burning hell that is my throat. I even pulled out the vaporizer and that didn't help. Usually when you have sore throat running cold or warm liquid over it will help. Not this time. I went to the doctor on Monday and she gave me a throat rinse and some cough medicine. I used the latter, but not the former, as it was Lidocaine and I remembered that stupid panic attack at the dentist. Instead I've been gargling with salt and water, sucking cough drops, taking ibuprofin, and drinking, drinking, drinking. I'm drinking so much water I slosh and I know the bathroom intimately.

I worked a little on Wednesday but was so wretched last night I called the doctor immediately this morning. The advisor asked me anxiously "Are you sure you don't want to talk to the nurse first? After all, you've had one co-pay already this week." I told her I didn't care about the co-pay; I just wanted to get well. Besides all the other previous symptoms, I had pressure and ringing in my right ear, my glands were tender, I could press on my throat and it hurt from the outside, and my nose is stuffed to the gills.

So now I have an antibiotic and some generic Afrin, and if you don't think I swilled the former when I got home... The Afrin stuff was much gentler than I expected; I've used Sinex before and that burns. The Afrin did open up my nose some. Throat's still a bitch.

Labels: