Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 27, 2017
Overcooked

Busy, busy day after a long sleep but an unsettled night: I had one of those organizational nightmares, where I put one thing before the other, but did the other thing actually go first, and woke up James with a yell. Then he woke up at 7:30 exclaiming that he'd forgotten to turn on the alarm. "James, it's Sunday." "Oh." Then he got up again, traded out the towels, took off his sleep shirt, apparently came back to the bed to take off  his sleep shorts, and fell back into bed.

Well, after breakfast we had to go back up to Kaiser. I simply can't understand why they could give it to him today and not yesterday. It's not like he had several weeks' left on the prescription; there were only two days' worth left. This took no time at all; it was just having to go back up there and back that bugged me.

On the way back we stopped at the new Nam Dae Mun to check it out. It looks like the Spring Road location is going to stay open, as they talk on the Grand Opening sign about the West Smyrna store and the East Smyrna Store. It's also funny that they don't have all of the same things, too. James' ginger tea is not there, but they have the chamomile mint he likes. We found some lamb steaks and low sodium soy sauce.

Then it was off to Publix to order James' birthday cake for his party on September 9, and pick up a couple of additional items.

Time to go home and rest!

Well, no. The moment I got into the house I put the oven on preheat. I had six pounds of chicken meat to cook this afternoon; we need it for sandwiches for DragonCon. Cooking always takes an interminable amount of time and this time was no exception. I thought that silly chicken would never be finished. I showed about 1/3 of it a picture of some salt and put some Litehouse salad greens on it, and made cacciatore with the rest (Campbell's Harvest Tomato soup, granulated garlic and onion, and a slice of green pepper broken up into the sauce). By the time I finished the news was on and I wished I could make chicken sandwiches for all the people in Houston. It's...appalling.

(I am not getting chicken at Costco again any time in the future. I think the boneless skinless chicken thighs I saw at Nam Dae Mun were better. I poured grease off the plain chicken three times and off the cacciatore twice.)

With more Swiss cheese in hand, James spent the remainder of the afternoon cooking up more breakfast burritos. He now has a stash of forty, which will get us past DragonCon and Yellow Daisy to boot. However, after all that cooking, we were in no mood for more; we just warmed up the egg rolls we got on twofer.

We finished up the evening by finally watching the final three episodes of this season of Hawaii Five-0. I see Steve is messing with his half of Danny's liver again. And Chin Ho and Kono are on their way to their exits. I think it's a shame they couldn't get a raise. When the series came on, sure O'Loughlin and Caan were the big names, but over the last few seasons it's been Kim and Park with the most intriguing storylines. Simply not fair.

Labels: , ,