Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 05, 2016
Update
There's not a lot to say about the rest of the week. James did get another dizzy spell on Wednesday. By a process of elimination, we believe it is the blood pressure pill which is causing this problem; the pharmacist did warn us that, while taking it, if he sat up or stood up suddenly, he might get light-headed. On Thursday, instead of taking the pill before breakfast, he ate it with breakfast. He has been okay for two days, so we may have this licked. I guess absorption with the pill is important.

Now that this problem is (hopefully) taken care of, and after the nurse visit today, I should feel safe going back to work.

James has nearly finished his "Good Food" recipe project (although I think there are more "Good Food" mags downstairs in a box; we'll see); he's just cutting them out of the pages now and putting them in brown envelopes. I've finally vacuumed the stairs; the dog has been bathed, medicated, and his bedding washed; the refrigerator is cleaned out; the kitchen is back together; and the animals are happy (we assume they're happy, as Tucker is over his clinginess and Snowy has been singing since James got home). I don't think I've caught up on sleep yet, but that seems to be a perpetual problem. I'm still having nightmares, though, and I woke James up last night crying, although I didn't realize I was.

Other miscellaneous news: our bats are back. I saw them Wednesday in the lower cul-de-sac during Tucker's end-of-the-night walk, three of them flying around the streetlight, hopefully catching lots of mosquitoes. They also appeared to be dive-bombing my head, whether it was just being protective or just for bat laughs, I don't know.

We've had thunder with no rain, thunderstorms with spitty rain, and the heavens opening up, but nothing slow and steady that will help the drought. BTW, a funny: the other day the Channel 46 weatherlady stated that the reason we're in drought conditions right now is that it's been so dry. Um. Ya think?

Houdini and Doyle was cancelled. I'm really not surprised, but it was a fun series. Historically, it was a mess, but it was entertaining. I didn't like it much at first, but I kept watching and grew to like it. I think the one that tipped it for me was the one where Doyle was poisoned. But I had a feeling it wouldn't survive. A pity, since even the worst episode is better than any reality series going. And I loved both the leads. Stephen Mangan has such beautiful eyes.

Labels: , , , ,