Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, January 03, 2016
The Party's Over

Sleep, the final late snooze. Since, ah, it's Sunday and it's back to work tomorrow. As the saying goes, "I'd enjoy the day better if it started later." I am not a morning person. I have the most energy if I get up about nine. I usually get my best sleep between six and eight. Early morning, therefore, is not my friend sleepwise, but it is for traffic. So if I don't want to spend my life on the expressway, I have to be sleep depraved. Uh...deprived. Although "depraved" sounds more accurate.

Alas, my effort to stay out of Kroger on Sunday didn't work very well. I just wanted to run in and get bread for my sandwiches. Alas, we needed onions, too. So after a dog walk and picking up a BelVita bar, we went to the Battle Ridge Kroger, got the bread and the onions, plus celery salt and a newspaper and a couple of other things. Then we drove back out to Akers Mill to use the final two Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons; I just bought doggie doo bags, then picked up a couple of other things on Christmas discount, like napkins for the party. It was a beautiful day outside, mostly cloudy with a lot of mackerel markings. The little bits of sky between the clouds was a brilliant, beautiful blue that you never see when it's warm.

On the way home we stopped at Pollo Tropical for some lunch. James got some chicken and I got the mojo pork with a little bun and balsamic tomatoes. The mojo pork needed a sauce; I guess I should have asked for some. The balsamic tomatoes were outstanding. James got them, too, and then we took what was left over of the balsamic dressing and James sliced up a cucumber and soaked it in the dressing. We had it as a side for dinner with the beef and mushroom paté over rice, and it was delicious!

Anyway, that was it. The coupons are gone and we settled in for a long afternoon. We ate our lunch and read the paper along to Christmas Through the Decades, the 1980s and the 1990s. Then I put on some Christmas music and James went downstairs to the man cave for a couple of hours. He came upstairs about six thirty and made the rice and warmed up the beef. We watched America's Funniest Home Videos and then North Woods Law, and then we'll watch Alaska: the Last Frontier. At some point I'll walk the dog again, James will make lunches, and Christmas vacation will be over.

Labels: , , ,