Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, November 20, 2015
Taking Care of Business

It was time to get some things done today. Like sleep. I love sleep. I love it so much I managed to sleep through a half hour of my phone alarm repeating "Time to get up, sir."

Then it was dog walking time followed by breakfast, dishwasher duty and bathroom basics. I let Tucker out on the porch for a while until it was time for me to go to the mechanic. I had the car's oil changed and had it inspected so we can renew our license plates. They already had their Christmas decorations up! I was the only one there, so spent the 40 minutes reading my "Country Living."

Headed home about 11:45 and eventually had lunch. About 2:30 the guy showed up to service the furnace. He checked out the A/C as well, and even changed the intake filter upstairs, which is the one James hates to do because he has to get up on the ladder.

I spent the most of the day finishing up, spellchecking, and then formatting a piece of fanfiction I've been working on for over a month. I had just finished uploading it to our domain and was leashing Tucker for his walk when James arrived home. To my surprise, he pointed to a red and black bag sitting on our garbage can: the tech from the HVAC company had left his tools behind. I called the folks back; turned out we were his last call and he'd gone home. They said they'd have him call us tomorrow; trouble is, I don't want to stay home because he forgot his tools and has to come pick them up!

We had supper at Hibachi Grill and then went to Target in the forlorn hope that they still had a toy I bought Tucker a year ago and which he has just now broken (for Tucker that's a record long time to have a toy and not have broken it!). A forlorn hope indeed because I bought it on clearance, and yes, nothing like it except for a toy made for a much larger dog.

I did find the cutest little LED-lighted tiny (6 1/2 inches tall) bottle-brush Christmas tree. It's adorable. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I've already named it "Tim."

Noticed there were lights on in the old East-West Connector Borders store, with one of the inside doors left open. Is someone moving in? I bet it's a stinky old shoe store or something clothes-y. Yuck. What we need is a Books-a-Million. Or a computer store. Or another crafts store. Anything but crappy apparel.

Labels: , ,