Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 16, 2015
Quiet Sunday Afternoon

A much quieter day. We slept in, grabbed a BelVita bar each, and went to Ollie's Bargain Outlet for new bungee cords for the power chair and assorted other items. Floyd Road is lined with supermarkets, so James just let me out at Publix and I picked him up some turkey salad and ham salad, then we did the main shopping at Kroger.

Spent the afternoon working on a story, and then had the "shortened" clam chowder for supper. I bought a little bowl of potato soup and a can of chopped clams and used those, plus some milk and butter, to extend what we bought at Sprouts. You could tell the canned clams, though; they were shreddy and dry instead of chewy and moist.

Labels: ,