Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 29, 2014
Bargain Day
I decided that it was about time I got up and started hunting for after Christmas deals, but I wasn't going to rush, either. Tucker had a good walk and I had a good breakfast, and I started doing some tidying for the party. I was also hoping James might get out early, but when he wasn't home by noon, I just jumped in the car and headed for the Avenue at West Cobb. On the way I stopped at CVS, but they were completely out of decorations; I usually buy enough tinsel there or at Walgreen's to replace what I put on the tree, but I was out the gate too late this year. Still stopped by Walgreens to see if they had any worthwhile Christmas things left. I got some Russell Stover dark-chocolate gingerbread Santas for a few extra desserts, but there was nothing else. While I was in the store James called and said he was on his way home, and I wasn't but a couple of miles from home, so I went back to pick him up.

The place was literally wall-to-wall, but we managed to find a parking space right in front of Yankee Candle. They are having a great sale, so I picked up a gift there, and also some "Christmas tree" and "gingerbread" tea lights at half price. James waited in the car until I was done there, and then we drove down to circle a bit until we found a space sort of near Barnes & Noble. He limped gamely in behind me and I found an absolutely perfect gift for someone there, and a couple of other things, plus the new "ReMind."

Then we walked very slowly down to the Hallmark store, since the car was closer to it than it was to the bookstore, and he sat down on a bench while I went inside. I have some credit there and walked out with a lovely gift which cost me something like fifty cents. And I still have more credit left which is good through April, so I can pick up something else nice before then.

We did drive down to the end of the row to stop at Kirkland's, which was having their usual after-Christmas sale, but, alas, I didn't have the luck there as I did last year.

And then it was home for supper.

Labels: , ,