Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, July 06, 2014
Sunny With a Chance of Terrier Bouncing

Ready or not, I woke up at 9:30. This meant I could nudge James and ask "Do you want to run to Kroger now before the crowd gets there?"

Since I was dressed first, I was the one to take Tucker on a quick walk to get "mission accomplished" and then, to his perplexity, he was given a cookie and a straight route back into the crate. Snowy just glanced at me balefully but perked up once I put the History Channel on for him.

Before 10:30, Kroger, even the Battle Ridge store, is a dream. We whisked right through and still ended up spending nearly an hour there. Once home we could feed Tucker and ourselves. By then I was falling asleep again, so we went out to do a couple of errands.

I had a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon that would expire on Monday, and we had another, and since I have no idea what I did with the chill cloths after I washed them out after DragonCon last year, I wanted to make sure we had two more just in case I couldn't find the originals, as those things are a godsend. So it was an in-and-out trip to BB&B, and then we had a better time at Barnes & Noble among the books. I discovered Topsy was out in trade paperback; I've been waiting for that for what seems like forever. (It's the story of the "rogue elephant" that Thomas Edison electrocute at Coney Island to show the dangers of George Westinghouse's AC current, but it's also the story of the circus elephant in America, a very sad tale altogether when you read about how these animals were treated.) I also picked up the new "Manor House" mystery, and James got a little lighted model of the starship Enterprise.

By then it was sizzling out and we went home to listen to "The Splendid Table" and "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me," the latter being a clip show. I was finishing up Essays of E.B. White (extremely enjoyable! I have been reading slowly to savor them), and before I knew it, it was suppertime and we had peanut pork and jasmine rice mix. As the sun lowered in the sky I noticed Tucker becoming more and more clingy when he wasn't enticing us to toss one of his toys. This only became understandable when I took him out before bedtime and some idiots were still shooting off firecrackers. Later on he retreated to his "cave"—one of the chairs under the dining room table.

Watched Brain Games, too; that was fun!

Labels: , , , , ,