Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.

 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

» Sunday, January 12, 2014
Errands on Sunday

Wow, even James slept in this morning, because Willow didn't bark.

However, we would have preferred it if she did. Let's say I didn't get breakfast for a little while. I guess we are going to have to start locking her up in the bathroom again. Grrr. By the time I got to eat, I was starving and I'd already woken up with a headache because I was hungry. Oatmeal and milk solved the problem.

We got up so late we didn't get to Kroger until after noon; the store looked very crowded based on the parking lot, but there didn't seem to be that many people in the store. We needed lots of basics, including milk, bananas, bread, yogurt, etc. and had four coupons for BreatheRight strips that brought them down to a price that merely made me scream. (However, they make a big difference in how you sleep, especially when you have a deviated septum, so they're worth it in the end.) On the way home we had to stop at Advance Auto Parts to get some bungee cords to hold the "trunk" in the bed of the truck. There was a poor couple there desperately trying to find the fuse box in their car; they bought it used and it didn't come with a manual. It's a toss-up because they're in a different place in each car.

We had time for a few bites of lunch (leftover chicken wings from the party) and then had to drive out to the vet fast to get more of those $100 Cushing's pills, since they were closing at three. We brought Willow so they could see how she was, and then stopped at Trader Joe's so James could pick up more soy crackers, and we got a few other things. I stayed in the truck with Willow and she whined the entire time. :-)

By the time we got home, it was nearly time for dinner. I'd been popping up all day and putting away a Christmas thing here, and a Christmas thing there. I did get all the garlands and the door wreaths down, and the candles out of the library window, and now the two boxes, the one of garlands and candles, and the one of pillows and stuffed animals, are both done. We had pork chops and fried rice Rica-a-Roni for supper and watched things off the DVR: the first episode of the newest This Old House sequence, the remodeling of a 19th century Italianate home in Arlington, MA (wonderful view of Boston at the beginning!!!) and two episodes of Alaska: the Last Frontier.

The only disappointment of the night was when we tried to fit the new pivot pin on the top of the bifold closet door. It turned out to be too short! But not really. It turns out the pivot pin at the bottom is broken, too, and therefore the door is not being lifted high enough off the floor, so we can't fit the door back on until we get a new one of those. Urgh.

Labels: , , ,