Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, October 27, 2013
Talking Shop

Sadly, today we had to catch up with all the shopping that fell behind while I was on furlough. We needed cleaning supplies, some staples, and the usual stuff (milk, bread—but I got Those Damn Bananas on Friday night, since all Kroger seems to carry are green ones). So, high ho, after oatmeal and milk we go, to Costco, where James had to pick up something.

Alas, I apparently can't surprise him with a book any longer, because the one I saw at Barnes & Noble on Friday, pegging it as a good anniversary gift, was there at Costco and, as I figured, he immediately spotted it: From Scratch: Inside the Food Network. So I bought it for him, but now he knows what it is. Also saw the BluRays of Fantastic Voyage and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, which I was planning to get from Amazon. Much cheaper at Costco! Hope they have The Right Stuff when it comes out next week! Otherwise we bought such exciting things as soap and Lysol. :-)

Zipped up the milk (much cheaper at Costco) in an insulated bag and finished the shopping at Kroger: cucumbers, some chicken legs for dinner, BreatheRights, etc. Got over $20.00 off the order with coupons. I also picked up a prescription.

By the time we got this all put away (complicated by the fact that the dog food bag popped open and about a cup of them spilled, and I had to pick up the kibbles by hand), we were both too tired to do much more than take my car to fill it up (back to Costco, where gas was fifteen cents cheaper than anywhere else). Spent the evening watching (what else?) Fantastic Voyage and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, nicely featuring baked chicken legs and couscous with vegetable flakes as a side.

Labels: ,