Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, June 16, 2013
Books and Bundles

I was so tired last night I fell asleep without lowering the head of the bed and James didn't think of it when he finished reading. Man, what a crick in my neck when I woke up! An adjustable bed won't do you a speck of good if  you don't adjust it correctly. I took three ibuprofin and went back to bed for an hour.

James made steel-cut oats in the rice cooker this morning, with a bit of butter and some brown sugar. Yummy!

We decided to go to the Barnes & Noble in Buckhead, figuring that at noon everyone would be taking their fathers to dinner. It worked out pretty well; we found a parking space right in front! The old neighborhood where I worked is pretty much gone; high-dollar condos are going up everywhere.

This B&N is an embarrassment of riches. I had to search around last night and only found a book by surprise. Today there were at least three I could have bought, and I didn't see the book about the history of the camera, and where the linguistics and HTML books were until after I left the store! I ended up buying the book Italian Days, skipping the one about Iceland for now. Oh, and got an idea for a Christmas gift, too.

Publix is right next door, so we just went in there to do the rest of the shopping, even if we did have to pay Fulton County taxes. They had a bigger variety of products, so James stocked up on sugar-free pudding  and we got some nice lamb steaks to grill at a great price, plus other goodies including some twofer Butoni ravioli. They also had big manicotti, so he got some and ground Italian sausage to make stuffed manicotti.

Put everything away and had the chicken and wild rice soup we bought on the hot bar (probably more of a stew, it's so thick!) while watching Father Knows Best on Antenna TV.

[Later: We had an invitation for supper with the Spiveys, so we went—and yes, that lamb tasted very, very good on the grill! James marinated it between the time we got home and the time we left for supper. We brought some cut-up watermelon, and there were yellow rice, beans, and homemade cheesecake for dessert. We gabbed a lot and it was fun. Ken's mom was there and Isabel turned up later.]

Labels: , , ,