Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, February 23, 2013
Multi-Stop Shopping

Gah. Another Saturday of dancing between stores.

We bundled up as it wasn't really all that cold, but it was damp. Had breakfast at Douceur de France (nothing better on a cold morning than a warm baguette and butter), then went on to the Farmers Market. Willow needed cookies and we bought some chicken and wild rice soup for supper. A freight train roared by, but didn't delay us much.

On the way home I gave a yelp. There was a tiny brown spider crawling on my left hand! I tried to get it out the passenger window, but it scurried so quickly that I could never get it to blow away. It finally scrambled down my sleeve past my coat pocket and out of sight.

Next it was time for a trip to Costco to pick up some granola bars and other items on sale. I finally gave in and bought the two-volume Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries set. I have three of the five episodes and it would basically cost me as much as the set cost to get the other two. While I was looking at the DVDs, the little brown spider reappeared! I left it crawling on the DVD rack.

We also stopped at Bed, Bath & Beyond to get James a new cartridge for his Soda Stream and some Cola Free syrup, had an ice cream cone at Baskin-Robbins (we had a coupon) and I shared bits of the cone with the sparrows, and then stopped at Michaels. They didn't have what I wanted although I have seen projects using the object on Michaels' website. Looked around the dogs and cats they had for adoption at Petsmart; one cat had enormous, bright green eyes. It could have been Harry Potter as a cat!

By the time we got home James suggested we just finish the shopping so we'd have tomorrow clear. So we went to Publix for twofers and then to Kroger for gasoline and groceries. No news there.

So we had the soup for supper and watched three episodes of Elementary we had backed up on the DVR. I keep saying I'm not emotionally invested in the characters, but I still keep watching, so I guess I'm lying to myself. When James went downstairs to do some modeling, I put on The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club, which I haven't seen in years. An inheritance rests on whether an elderly brother or sister died first, and was one of the first things I ever saw on television that addressed the affects of severe shell shock.

Emma and I chatted a bit later on, too.

I do hate spending almost the whole day in grocery stores!

Labels: , , ,