Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 25, 2012
The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012

Outside my window...
...it is sunny and blue, and only 79°F. This is a miracle after a spring and summer full of 90s and 100s, even if it is not at all my favorite temperature.

I am thinking...
...how long it's been since I've been able to do one of these! Work got so crazy; there were days I was working straight eleven hours not even taking a lunch. I don't like to have to rush like this on my work. I like to be able to look at each purchase order and quietly decide what needs to be done with it, and then have time to do it. Having six or seven thrust on you per day almost every day in the week means none of them gets the proper attention and just a quick triage: this needs advertising, where is this document, and worst of all, what do I do first? Do I do the orders that are ready? The ones that I'm in the middle of? The ones people are asking questions about? The ones that haven't been started? The ones that haven't even been printed? Chaos!

I am thankful...
...that everything was done on time. Through the end of August I had serious doubts!

In the kitchen...
This is always a terrible question to ask me. James takes care of the kitcheny things. If it were up to me I'd eat canned vegetable soup and frozen dinners like I did when I was single. I absolutely loathe cooking. (Not as much as algebra, but almost...)

I am wearing...
...a blue shirt, black pants, white socks, and black shoes.

I am creating...
I've actually tried to work on a fannish story this week, but it is just a series of vignettes right now for which I have no concrete ending. I'd like to get back to my writing again, but there's always so much to do!

I am going...
...to have to go out clothes shopping for a wedding. How I dread this! Even when I was 117 pounds I was hard to fit; now it's nearly impossible. I like being in soft and comfy things, not prim and starchy ones. I've never enjoyed dress up, except during the midi-skirt phase since I love long skirts.

I am wondering...
...when it will get cool and stay cool! We have the windows open right now but it is going to get warmer again at the end of the week.

I am reading...
...To a Distant Day about the early rocket scientists. I'm still trying to get through The Know-It-All. I've read other A.J. Jacobs books and can usually put up with him, but he seems rather insufferable in this one. :-)

I am hoping...
...the weather will eventually get cool and stay there, but I'm not holding my breath for it to be anytime soon.

I am looking forward to...
...well, you know my answer to this, but it's getting repetitive! LOL. How about last night's season premiere of Hawaii Five-O? We were watching Castle and recording H5. Now it's time to learn what was with Steve's mother.

Around the house...
...the television is running for Schuyler and I'm sure Willow is asleep in James' chair. I'm not there. Lucky Schuyler may be asleep, too. Wish it were me.

I am pondering...
...some way to make more time for things. I wish I had Hermione Granger's time turner!

A favorite quote for today...
Found this just the other day:
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."~~~~George Elliot
That's my fantasy: having one home in New Hampshire and another on the part of New Zealand closest to Antarctica, and living in NH in Northern hemisphere winter and in NZ in Southern hemisphere winter, so never, ever, ever, ever, ever having to endure summer again.

One of my favorite things...
...planning for vacation. But that's a long while away yet.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finally getting the exterminator here on Friday. Finally getting to call TruGreen back. Maybe finally decorating for fall.

A peek into my day...
...no pic today unless you want to see an endless loop of me sitting in front of a computer.


If you'd like to participate, check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Labels: