Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 10, 2012
Entering the Homestretch
And I know how a steeplechase horse feels. So many more scary fences until the end of the fiscal year!

Today I was chasing headaches: by the time lunch came I felt like someone was driving a nail into the bridge of my nose. I took four ibuprofin and took a welcome nap in the car. It actually wasn't bad out; with a cool breeze under the trees.

My phone barked halfway through the nap. Really. It was a text message telling me season four of Big Bang Theory was ready for pickup at Walmart.

Thankfully, traffic was light, but by the time I got home I had yet another headache. Gah.

We had supper at Zaxby's, which we haven't done for a long time. I know chicken wings aren't really good for you, but this was a treat. And it was near Walmart.

Picking up the DVD was annoying. I had to go in the back and wait while at least three people walked by me, said "Can I help you?" and when I said I was there to pick up a package, said, "I'll be with you in a minute" and then disappeared completely. Finally a woman came in and out, saying the same thing, and then a fifth person came in and actually did fetch my DVD! We also got hangers for James' new suit jackets and shirts, a five dollar copy of Hoodwinked, BreatheRights, triple tap electrical plugs and electrical tape (since ours has done a bunk), and a few other things.

In retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea to go to Walmart on tax-free weekend. :-) But really, the only crowded areas were near the school supplies. Even the children's clothing aisles were pretty much deserted.

Then it was home to watch about four episodes of Big Bang and the extras, which included a music video of Barenaked Ladies performing the theme song to the studio audience. Cool!

Labels: , , ,