Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, November 14, 2011
Summer in Fall
Ugh...75°F today. Thankfully, it was cloudy most of the day, especially on the way home, so I didn't have to worry about a herd of Atlantans who evidently have no idea what a sun visor is for. Smells more like spring today than fall, despite the mellowing fall colors surrounding the city. Every once in a while a gust of wind sends dozens of them swirling around. It was so positively grey on the way home that I needed to put my lights on.

I'm afraid this is going to be another year like the loathsome winter of 2001-2002, when it was 75 or more every other day. The house was overrun with flies and the ants came marching in. Makes me thankful for quarterly extermination.

Labels: