Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, April 18, 2011
Happy to Balance The Bad
Bad day. Really. Was in and out of the bathroom most of the day. Hate being distracted from my work that way. Could have done a lot more. What caused it? Can't prove it, but I try to drink at least 32 ounces of water at work. Filled my pitcher this morning. And about noon suddenly all the water in the building turned icky brown and we weren't allowed to use it for the rest of the day. Wonder what else I ingested besides good ol' H2O...

(This, of course, left me using hand sanitizer. I despise the stuff. I never feel clean after I use it, no matter what they say.)

On the way home, I made the turn from Old Concord Road onto Smyrna-Powder Springs Road. The road takes a dip, then begins to climb again; halfway into the incline is a street at left, with a stop sign. Just beyond the stop sign is a home where the lawn care isn't all that stellar. Straggly grass on the front lawn was about ankle/calf high. As I approached the stop sign, I could see the heads and necks of a pair of Canada geese as they waddled their way across the lawn.

And then I saw something else, and slowed to a stop, and stared out the passenger-side window in pure delight. My forefinger went out and I counted between Mama Goose and Papa Gander...one, two, three, four, five, six, seven adorable, fuzzy, grey goslings, obediently following the leader!

Who knew Fred Kwan would be right? "It's the simple things in life that you treasure." :-)

Labels: , ,