Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 06, 2011
The Extreme
TLC is starting a series called Extreme Couponing tonight, and preceding it they showed a special by the same name. I've read stories about some of these extreme couponing folks and I also had the Coupon Mom book, so I was intrigued when they mentioned this series last Saturday on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."

If you want to have a life aside of couponing, it looks like you need to be a stay-at-home parent or retired or otherwise not have a job, since it's a full-time job in itself. It certainly saves a ton of money and I admire all these folks, but I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in a grocery store! (Nor do I want to dumpster dive in the recycling bins.) Frankly, both cutting coupons and grocery shopping is boring to me. Maybe after I retire this might be more appealing...

Labels: ,