Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, February 26, 2011
S for "Saturday" and for "Sleepy"
We had to get up early today for Hair Day because Sheri (our hairdresser) had to leave early for a funeral. I'm not my best at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. :-)

Surprisingly, I discovered Chik-Fil-A has something I can eat for breakfast. (Chik-Fil-A is a Southern-based fast food place with mostly fried food or other Southern comfort food, like chicken and dumplings.) They have a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and a fruit cup. I had it with milk, of course.

Had a nice time, discussing the situation in Wisconsin, Pat's new web site, and various and sundry. Phyllis cooked a leg of lamb for lunch which we had with mint jelly, the corn James brought, Charles' cheese dip, Lin's Asian salad, fruit salad, and more. It was filling enough that we didn't eat anything again until nearly 8 p.m.

Not much else happened. We went to the hobby shop where I listed to the America's Test Kitchen radio broadcast on my phone, then we went to MicroCenter, where we bought nothing, and Publix, where we bought some things. Still don't have milk, so we'll have to go out again tomorrow.

Watched This Old House and a documentary about the people displaced for the Blue Ridge Parkway, and fell asleep for an hour because I was just so darn sleepy. We had supper after that and watched the Britcoms and a documentary about Apollo 17.

Labels: , ,