Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, November 07, 2010
Sunday Excursions
Good thing we had an extra hour. Problems again last night.

Another pretty day, cold at night and sunny and blue and cool all day. Only around four did it start being a bit uncomfortable in long sleeves.

Grocery shopping this morning as always, and then an afternoon out: we stopped at JoAnn to get the cross-stitch magazine I've been waiting on, with some cute patterns of Christmas robins. I also found some neat stocking-stuffers. Then we went on to Harbour Freight. James is looking into getting a generator and is scoping out prices.

On the way back we stopped at Cracker Barrel to check out the gift shop. Last year they had the lighted turkey that is sitting in our foyer, this year they have a lighted owl. No, I didn't buy it, but I did get a nice decorative Thanksgiving plate painted with a sheaf of autumn flowers and leaves.

We also stopped at Garden Ridge. I am looking for one last figure for my Christmas village and haven't seen what I liked in Michael's, so I figured Garden Ridge might have one. To our surprise, no Christmas or fall villages at all. Perhaps Lowes has something, or maybe Home Depot.

We listened to a backlogged "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" on the way out and back, then finished the other two at home. For supper we had a pot roast pot pie and salad, and later we watched the final episode of Sherlock. Um, why did Jim Moriarty remind me of the Master? Even has that crazy look and speech pattern.

Looked up the show on the IMDb; noticed that Martin Freeman (Watson) will be playing Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit.

Labels: ,