Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, June 26, 2010
The Lone Ranger
James was up at some ungodly hour to go to the local IPMS hobby show being held at the Cobb County Civic Center today. Me, I lounged in bed until eight, then had breakfast. Willow was already at the top of the stairs, looking depressed.

The first thing I had to do today, before the sun swapped sides of the house and turned the front porch into a big pizza oven, was put up the Independence Day decorations. I wasn't out there that long, but came away drenched anyway, as it was hellishly humid outside. The sky was patchworked with more mackerel clouds than I'd ever seen at one time. Once that was finished, I went out to Books-a-Million, which was having a sale today. I was hoping to find some games or other things that might be put away for Christmas/birthday gifts, but the pickings were slim. I did get two cross-stitch magazines and a "last chance" book about growing up in the 1940s.

Came home by Kroger, merrily playing "40s on 4," got gasoline, and did the shopping so we won't have to go tomorrow morning. Sadly, the sun broke through the clouds while I was in the store, so I had to drive home with the air conditioner roaring to keep the milk cool. Munched a peach on the way home: also bought some plums and grapes along with the usual stuff for the week, and sweet corn, tomatoes and a cucumber.

Put all away and spent the afternoon watching a cheap DVD purchased some months ago, Game Show Moments Gone Bananas hosted by Ben Stein: game show bloopers and just funny occurrences. Many stupid answers from Family Feud (all incarnations, even British and Australian versions). Also some great clips from a British show called Distraction, where they do horrible things to you while you answer questions, like giving you electrical shocks, making you eat "Rocky Mountain oysters," having you push the answer button with it surrounded by cactus, etc. By the time I finished, James was home, hot and exhausted (the air conditioning at the Civic Center doesn't work well) and I had a headache from laughing so hard.

Labels: , ,