Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Here and There and Back Again
Amazingly, I slept right through James' alarm, which meant I was ready to spring directly to my feet when the alarm rang to give the room a quick once-over with the vacuum cleaner before I started work and the Dish Network guy showed up. He was scheduled to come between 8 a.m. and noon.

When he showed up at 7:50 a.m. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor before answering the door.

He messed around with the box a few minutes, then went outside. He was out there for about an hour. I heard moving, and some banging against the house, and when he finally returned he admitted he hadn't known what was wrong with the dish, messed around with it for a while, then gave in and put a new one up.

This meant I could abandon my desk early and take the truck to the mechanic for a new left front tire and an oil change. I was whisked home almost immediately by their shuttle service and went back to work. At the end of the day I went to pick it up, and that was that.

In the meantime I prepared a couple of orders, did a mod, but mostly cleaned out my e-mail box and printed out what needed printing. At quitting time I commenced to reloading things on the computer and got pretty far. For some reason Real Player doesn't want to play .flv files, but VLC is playing them, so phooey on Real. Have all my graphics programs loaded, and of course WordPerfect, little things like BadCopy, TrayText, The Font Thing, etc.

I hope there is some way to import my calendar from the old hard disk on my AnyTime Organizer program. If I have to type in all those birthdays again I'm going to be fit to be tied.

We had some rainstorms roar up and cause continual interruption right about the time James got home and right on through bedtime. The thunder became quite loud and Willow fled to James' lap, giving the occasional whimper.

Blast. A new TV Guide and Reminisce and haven't had time to look at either.

Labels: , , , , ,