Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, April 13, 2010
The End...
Yes, we waited this long to watch "The End of Time." Sometimes we didn't have time. Or I blew it off for something else. Or just couldn't bear to see the end of David Tennant.

But since Matt Smith premieres as the Doctor on BBC America Saturday, I thought the time was right. (Pun intended.)

Immediate thoughts:

Wow, the Master has really gone off his rocker this time.

Multiple images of John Simm ranting are all but one too many.

And how the hell did we wander into Star Wars?

And I thought the previous season finale threw in everything but the kitchen sink! Pulled out all the stops? Just how many were there, anyway? :-)

But—who knew when I was watching a rerun of Daleks Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. back in the late 1970s, with Bernard Cribbins as the hopelessly hapless police officer, that someday he would make me cry?

Labels: