Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 08, 2010
Ad Infinitum
Woke this morning to a watery sunlight that served as an advance for the rain predicted later. It looked so odd it took me a few minutes to figure out what was wrong: the light is yellow. It's the pollen. They had a shot of downtown on the news last night that looked like it was misty or foggy; no, it's just the pollen dust in the air, specifically that yellow pine pollen.

Eventually the glow went away just to leave the gloom.

The television always runs in the background. I usually don't even hear it, indistinct babble except for the last strains of the theme to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire that is my signal that it is lunchtime. Schuyler loves the chatter of the voices, so I generally leave it on for her. But today I was brought up out of concentration twice. Tiger Woods. Again. And again. And again. The American news media apparently has nothing better to do than cover the sexual peccadillos of celebrities and idiot politicians. I am so tired of Woods and Sandra Bullock's husband that I could scream.

I am now burning a cafè au lait candle and listening to chorale Christmas music in German. Much better for my nerves.

Labels: , ,