Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 22, 2010
Up Half the Night and Not Even Willow's Fault
I can't say I haven't been pleased with this winter; it's been steadily chilly, and on the odd one or few days it got warmish it was only high 50s or low 60s, not like that horrible winter of 2001-2002 where it would be 40 one day and 70 the next. Considering the average for January and February is supposed to be mid-50s, we've done really well. Heck, by now the trees are usually blooming, but we've only seen small signs this year, like the buds on the Bradford pears and the phlox in bloom on someone's retaining wall.

So it was a shock that it was so warm last night (still in the high 50s when we went to bed). Usually when my arms start feeling warm or my legs get hot I can shift them to a cooler part of the bed. Took a long time to fall asleep.

In the middle of the night I was awakened by my knees aching, followed by three blasts of thunder. Willow, asleep in James' recliner, didn't start to bark until the fourth clap, and we reassured her and she fell back to sleep.

I woke up yesterday and today with my nose reasonably back to normal, but it's stuffed up rapidly from the warmth and dryness in my cubie. Should have remembered to bring the saline spray.

Labels: ,