Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 11, 2010
Artistic Endeavors
While I was finishing up my work this afternoon, I thought of something cute to do for Game Night. I made each family attending a homemade Valentine card using a Valentine card kit I bought last year at Michaels, and some animal stickers. They're nothing fancy, but I had fun making them. I felt like Addie Mills surrounded by my paper and scissors and adhesive.

When I finished with that project, I made James a Valentine, and then put together the wreath I bought for the front door. I fastened a little goldfinch and a nest to the "bottom" of the inner part of the ring and then cut the gas-flame blue ribbon in graduated lengths and attached it to the upper part of the inner part of the ring using gold floral wire, the remainder of which became a hanger for the wreath itself.

Goodness, that was fun! I should do things like that more often.

Labels: