Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Wet Weather and Work
Yesterday, fog. Today, rain.

Not exactly bone-chilling winter rain, since it was in the high forties, low fifties. But it was a gully-washer at one point: I looked out the bedroom window and there was a river starting at the downspout and heading to the gate in the back yard.

It was a typical workday; mostly what I was doing was a temp service order. I had Christmas music playing and a Yankee Candle Roasted Coffee scent burning, so it was pleasant. Leftover turkey soup for lunch, which I actually ate at my desk, because during my lunch hour I had to run to the library to get the book I put on reserve (Harriet Reisen's Louisa May Alcott, which was just released), and then brought the storage boxes upstairs preparatory to putting the fall things in them, and then oiled and buffed the dining room table (it's natural wood, so you don't polish it, you treat it occasionally with food-safe mineral oil). After James arrived home, I ironed the new runner for the table and put it down. It isn't all decorated yet, but the new, lighter runner looks very nice.

I also pulled all the gifts out of the closet to sort out the ones that need to be mailed soon, and wrapped James' gifts to keep them covert, and about half the gifts that will be mailed. I discovered that the "tinsel cord" that I bought at Michaels was actually elastic ribbon, which was cool, since I can't put bows on the packages I send in the mail.

Labels: , , ,