Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Free Again
One week to the day when I had to shut the windows and turn on the air conditioner, I have opened the windows and turned the dang thing off again. It's that aggravating time of year where it can't decide whether to be fall or summer. We had rain come in again, and it was dark, and gloomy. I worked, did laundry at lunch and watched Rick Steves in Czechoslovakia, and only half noticed when some large vehicle braked to a sharp stop outside, then proceeded. Willow didn't even bark.

So when I opened the front door to take her out for a walk...O frabjous day! My package from Amazon! Time Quake was here!

And that's where I've been all night. Yeah, I should have savored it slowly, but, honestly, I couldn't. I had to turn the next page, and the next, and the next, and then the next chapter, and the next...to see if they caught the Tar Man, and how Gideon would accept him, and if Kate would survive—not to mention if her terrifying visions of the future came true, and if Lord Luxon would succeed in his plan of changing the history of the United States, and if the dang history scholar would twig, and, and, and...fabulous from beginning to end. That's two great books I've finished this week (although The Cosgrove Report took a bit longer...LOL).

Labels: ,