Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, July 25, 2009
Saturday Tales
We blew off going to the Farmer's Market this morning because James has to work tomorrow and I thought he would appreciate being able to sleep late. Later we went to Kroger and got some vine ripe tomatoes, a cucumber, and more grapes, turkey for tomorrow night's supper, milk, and a couple of other odd things. Made our weekly trip on the way home to see what's going on at "the ditch" (the underpass they're building through Jim Miller Park).

Later in the afternoon James went to his club meeting and I had lunch and watched The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. I've heard about this film for years as being a bit "risque." Today it looks very commonplace. I believe it received its reputation from the incident at the beginning: Holmes is asked by a Russian ballerina to be the father of her child. To fob her off, he tells her that he and Watson are lovers. It has nothing to do with the rest of the plot. I didn't hate it, but it really didn't pique my interest at all.

When James came home we were going to go to Ruby Tuesday at Town Center for supper, but we couldn't find it. Ended up at Golden Corral, which was good because they had carved turkey—a real carved turkey, not just icky turkey breast. So I had some dark meat and a small piece of steak and some cheese potatoes. Buffets are wasted on me.

JoAnn had a "Coupon Commotion" this weekend, so we went there and I took care of two gifts and got some great Debbie Mumm fall/Christmas/winter scrapbooking paper. Stopped briefly at Borders and got a remainder book about the building of Penn Station (the original, beautiful Penn Station that they allowed to be torn down).

Then home for the evening.